Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sew What's Buzzing?   

The Batting Buzz

I just returned home from a wonderful weekend in Maryland.  My nephew got married and what fun we had!  While I was there I squeezed out a few minutes to visit an adorable little quilt shop.  The owner and I had a great time sharing quilting stories and product ideas.  She showed me a placemat sample that I was really excited about!  Remember, I'm a quilter.  It can be a large or small project,  they are all great!
Have you ever used Soft and Stable batting? If you haven't, it's time to give it a try.   Most of us know it as a great product to use in purse construction but there are many other uses for this that work  great!   Try it in your next placemat  project. I was amazed
 at how professional the finished product looked and felt!  It works great with a  simple "quilt as you go" technique or  try it with your favorite pattern.  My wheels are turning.  I can't wait to use it  in some of my other projects.  Thanks to my new quilting friend in Maryland for this great tip!

As always, stay tuned for the next buzz... 

No comments:

Post a Comment